If it's your first time creating an eMenu with lots of items, using the Edit EMenu feature to add items one by one may not be the most efficient way.
Instead, you can follow the steps below to upload your entire eMenu in one go!
Here's a simple summary of how to do it:
- Access the "Excel to JSON" Google Sheet
- Make a Copy of "Excel to JSON"
- Fill in the Content of Your eMenu
- Creating a JSON file
- Importing the JSON file
Step 1: Access The "Excel To JSON" Google Sheet
1. Use the following link to access a Google Sheet called "Excel to JSON":
2. The page below will appear.
Step 2: Make a Copy of "Excel To JSON"
1. Click on File in the top left corner.
2. Click on Make a copy in the drop-down list.
3. Click on OK in the Copy document dialog.
4. Once you're done, a copy of Excel To JSON will be made and appear on your screen.
Notice that the name of the document is now Copy of Excel To JSON (or the name you gave the copy in the Copy document dialog).
Step 3: Fill in the Content of Your eMenu
The table below explains what each field means and the content that should go into it:
|picture||Image of the Item|
If start with "http", it will download from the web or else it will read from the current folder.
|name||Display Name of the Item|
|id||ID of the Item|
If not available, it will be generated automatically.
|order||Sorting Sequence No.|
If not available, it will append to the back of it.
|list_price_property||If all prices have a common Inventory/Set Meal/Set Item, enter 1 for this field.|
If each price has their own Inventory/Set Meal/Set Item, enter 0 for this field.
|category||Category of the Item|
|prepare_station||Preparation Area of the Item|
Example: FOOD, DRINKS, BAR, etc.
Only one prepare station is allowed
|Modifier||Preparation Options for the Item|
Example: Less Ice, More Ice, No Sauce, Less Sauce, etc.
For multiple modifiers, use a comma (,) as the separator.
To allow customers to select more than one modifier, end the last modifier with a comma (,).
|Price List (X stands for numbers)|
|priceX_name||The Item's Price Name|
The following fields are MANDATORY:
If any of these fields are left empty, the item lacking them along with the items after it will not appear in the eMenu after importing.
Step 4: Creating a JSON File
1. Once you're done filling in the eMenu's content, click on Get Started.
2. A dialog asking for permission will pop up. Click on Continue.
3. Another window will appear. Choose the account you would like to proceed with.
4. Click on Advanced.
5. Click on Go to eMenu (unsafe).
6. Scroll down and click on Allow.
When this window appears, scroll down
Then, click on Allow
7. The window will be closed and a new sidebar will appear. Click on For eMenu.
8. You will be redirected to a new page. Click on REVIEW PERMISSIONS.
9. Follow Steps 3 to 6 again.
10. Once you have given the required permissions, a page similar to the one below will load.
11. Right-click the page and select Save as...
12. In the Save As dialog, set the File name to emenu and click on Save.
Note: The file MUST be named as emenu
13. You have successfully created the JSON file.
Step 5: Importing the JSON File
For this step, you will have to use a pen drive.
1. Copy emenu.json (the JSON file) to a folder on your pen drive.
emenu.json was copied to the pen drive's eMenu folder
2. Insert the pen drive into your ZapsBox.
A pen drive inserted into the ZapsBox
3. Run the FoodZaps app and select Setting.
4. Go to EMenu.
5. Click on MORE on the top right corner.
6. Select Import EMenu (JSON).
7. Select your pen drive.
8. Select the folder where you saved emenu.json.
9. Select emenu.json.
10. You have successfully imported the eMenu.